|Album:||The Dark Side Of The Moon|
|Released:||US, 04 Nov 2016|
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- We almost always ship your vinyl next business day (excluding pre orders)
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at email@example.com
- Happy Listening!
"The Dark Side of the Moon" by Pink Floyd is an iconic and groundbreaking album that transcends the boundaries of rock music. Released in 1973, it remains one of the most influential and commercially successful albums of all time. With its thought-provoking lyrics, innovative soundscapes, and cohesive concept, "The Dark Side Of The Moon" stands as a masterpiece of progressive rock.
"The Dark Side Of The Moon" opens with the ethereal and haunting sound of "Speak to Me," seamlessly flowing into the pulsating heartbeat of "Breathe." From there, the listener is taken on a sonic journey through themes of time, mortality, mental health, and the human experience. Each track blends seamlessly into the next, creating a cohesive and immersive listening experience.
One of the standout tracks is the iconic "Money." Its catchy bassline, memorable lyrics, and innovative use of cash register sounds make it an instant classic. The song's themes of greed and consumerism resonate with listeners to this day, showcasing Pink Floyd's ability to address social and cultural issues through their music.
"The Dark Side Of The Moon"'s centerpiece is the breathtaking suite of songs comprising "The Great Gig in the Sky," "Us and Them," and "Any Colour You Like." These tracks showcase the band's ability to create rich and textured soundscapes, combining intricate instrumental passages, soulful vocals, and atmospheric effects. The result is a sonic tapestry that evokes a wide range of emotions and provokes deep contemplation.
"The Dark Side of the Moon" is not only a musical journey but also a technical marvel. The band's innovative use of studio techniques, including multitrack recording and the pioneering use of synthesizers, creates a sonic landscape that pushes the boundaries of what was possible at the time. "The Dark Side Of The Moon"'s meticulous production and attention to detail are evident in every aspect, from the pristine sound quality to the seamless transitions between tracks.
Beyond its musical brilliance, "The Dark Side of the Moon" resonates with listeners on a profound level. Its themes of human existence, mental health struggles, and the passage of time are universally relatable. "The Dark Side Of The Moon"'s enduring popularity and continued relevance are a testament to its timeless appeal.
In conclusion, "The Dark Side of the Moon" is a groundbreaking and influential album that solidifies Pink Floyd's status as one of the greatest rock bands of all time. With its innovative sound, thought-provoking lyrics, and cohesive concept, "The Dark Side Of The Moon" remains a seminal work in the realm of progressive rock. It is an essential listen for music enthusiasts and a testament to Pink Floyd's artistic vision and enduring legacy.
Fun Facts About Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon Vinyl Record:
- How old were the members of Pink Floyd when they recorded "The Dark Side Of The Moon"? The members of Pink Floyd were in their late 20s and early 30s when they recorded "The Dark Side Of The Moon" in 1972.
- How many copies of "The Dark Side Of The Moon" sold? "The Dark Side Of The Moon"'s sales figures may vary, but it achieved extraordinary commercial success, selling over 45 million copies worldwide and becoming one of the best-selling albums of all time.
- Why was "The Dark Side Of The Moon" important? "The Dark Side Of The Moon" was important as it marked a turning point in Pink Floyd's career, solidifying their reputation as one of the most innovative and influential rock bands. It showcased their mastery of concept album storytelling, experimental soundscapes, and profound lyrical themes.
- What were the most popular songs off "The Dark Side Of The Moon"? Some of the notable songs on "The Dark Side Of The Moon" include "Money," "Time," and "Us and Them."
- Any other interesting information about "The Dark Side Of The Moon" or Pink Floyd in relation to this album? The Dark Side of the Moon is praised for its technical excellence, featuring elaborate sound effects, intricate production techniques, and seamless transitions between tracks. Its timeless themes of time, money, and mental health continue to resonate with audiences, making it a landmark album in rock music history.
Buy a copy on vinyl record today!