|Artist:||Fela Ransome Kuti, Ginger Baker, The Africa'70|
|A2||Black Man's Cry|
|B1||Ye Ye De Small|
|B2||Egbe Mi O|
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- We almost always ship your vinyl next business day (excluding pre orders)
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Happy Listening!
The 50th-anniversary reissue of Live! is pressed on double red vinyl and features an etching of "Live!" artwork on Side D. Side C features Ginger Baker and Tony Allen's blinding, extended, dual-drums solos from 1978's Berlin Jazz Festival, re-mastered at Abbey Road Studios in 2021. This anniversary reissue marks the first vinyl pressing of these performances. Complete with a collector's gold OBI strip.
Live! is notable for the maturation of several signature characteristics of Afrobeat that had only been present in foetal form on Fela's earlier albums. "Black Man's Cry" is an explicit expression of the philosophy Fela would later call Blackism; and his interaction with the Africa 70 horn section on "Ye Ye De Smell," where the horns repeat his sung phrases, and his sing-along passages with the band on "Egbe Mi O," are precursors of the call-and-response vocals that would become a key feature of Afrobeat. Buy your copy today!
"Live! is an album recorded in 1971 by Fela Kuti's band Africa '70, with the addition of former Cream drummer Ginger Baker on two songs. It was released in 1971 by EMI in Africa and Europe and by Capitol/EMI in the United States and Canada. It was reissued on CD by Celluloid in 1987 and was reissued on CD in remastered form by Barclay with a bonus track from 1978.Baker travelled with Kuti into Africa in a Land Rover to learn about the continent's rhythms, as documented in Tony Palmer's film Ginger Baker in Africa (1971). The bonus track on the Barclay CD reissue features a 16-minute drum duet between Baker and Africa '70's drummer Tony Allen recorded at the 1978 Berlin Jazz Festival. The album is on Rolling Stone's list of the 50 greatest live albums of all time. The album is also included in Robert Dimery's 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die." - Wikipedia