|Released:||Europe, 22 Apr 2023|
|A1||Na Na Na Na|
|A2||I Am Yours|
|A3||Too Much Of A Good Thing|
|A4||Sure Looks Pretty|
|A5||Don't Let Go|
|A6||Put Yourself In My Hands|
|B1||She's A Rocker|
|B4||Two Timing Me|
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- We almost always ship your vinyl next business day (excluding pre orders)
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Happy Listening!
"Fifth Overture", released in 1986, is a vibrant entry in the discography of British punk band The Adicts. Known for their distinctive Clockwork Orange-inspired image, the band brings a unique blend of punk rock and new wave influences to this album.
Tracks like "Joker in the Pack" and "Just Like Me" showcase their characteristic high-energy, fast-paced style with catchy hooks, a direct influence of the '70s punk movement. However, the band's willingness to experiment shines through in songs like "Chinese Takeaway", where they incorporate saxophone into their sound, adding an unexpected and engaging layer to their punk roots.
"Fifth Overture"'s lyrics often touch on themes of nonconformity, rebellion, and societal critique – common in punk music. Yet, The Adicts always deliver these messages with a sense of fun and theatricality, which is part of their appeal.
However, "Fifth Overture" does suffer from some unevenness. Not every track carries the same memorable punch, and some may find the band's approach a bit too whimsical for the typically gritty punk genre.
Despite these inconsistencies, "Fifth Overture" is a testament to The Adicts' unique position within the punk scene. Their incorporation of theatrical elements, both in their music and their stage presence, distinguishes them from their peers. For fans of punk with a twist, this album is a compelling listen.
Fun Facts About The Adicts - Fifth Overture Vinyl Record:
- How old were the members of The Adicts when they recorded "Fifth Overture"? The members of The Adicts were in their late 20s and early 30s when they recorded "Fifth Overture" in 1986.
- How many copies of "Fifth Overture" sold? "Fifth Overture"'s sales figures may vary, but it garnered a dedicated following within the punk rock community.
- Why was "Fifth Overture" important? "Fifth Overture" was important as it represented The Adicts' energetic and vibrant take on punk rock. It showcased their distinct style characterized by catchy melodies, anthemic choruses, and their signature "droog" image.
- What were the most popular songs on "Fifth Overture"? Some notable songs on "Fifth Overture" include "Viva La Revolution" and "Bad Boy."
- Any other interesting information about "Fifth Overture" or The Adicts in relation to this album? "Fifth Overture" encapsulates The Adicts' lively and theatrical approach to punk music. "Fifth Overture"'s energetic performances, coupled with its humorous and sometimes tongue-in-cheek lyrics, make it a noteworthy release in the punk rock genre.
Buy a copy on vinyl record today!