|Released:||Australia, 9 Feb 2018|
|A3||I Wanna Be Everybody||3:39|
|A5||Join The Club||3:18|
|B4||Where I Came From||3:42|
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- We almost always ship your vinyl next business day (excluding pre orders)
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Happy Listening!
Best mates first and band mates second, Zach Stephenson & Billy Fleming, aka Hockey Dad, reveal their highly-anticipated second album 'Blend Inn,' the follow up to 2016's debut 'Boronia.'
'Blend Inn' is Fleming and Stephenson coming to us with more perspective after the success of their debut saw them embark on a year of relentless global touring.
'Blend Inn' was recorded in Seattle with renowned audio engineer and producer John Goodmanson (Bikini Kill, Sleater-Kinney, Cloud Nothings, Death Cab for Cutie) at Robert Lang Studios. The studios, supposedly haunted, echo with their iconic past - housing many of rock's legends over its time including The Foo Fighters, Soundgarden, Death Cab For Cutie, Alice In Chains, and most notably, Nirvana, who recorded their last song inside - the mic used in Kurt Cobain's final studio recording still hanging in tribute.
Here, Hockey Dad found a home away from home - immortalising their time in "Blend Inn" artwork, which depicts the house in a film photo captured by Fleming. "Blend Inn" is Hockey Dad's boldest output to date, a natural progression for Fleming and Stephenson as they face the tribulations of young adulthood, a theme reflected across the record, which features lead single "Homely Feeling," an ode to their roots.
'Blend Inn' holds onto the charm and energy of youth which won hearts originally - the playfulness, the edge, that quintessential Hockey Dad surf rock sound - but it comes to us from two people with an expanded mindset.
The fast-paced, punk style of Billy's drums is executed in perfect synchronicity with Zach's jangly guitar, anthemic choruses and ever confident vocals to give life to their unmistakable and infectious brand of rock-pop.
Buy your copy today!
"Blend Inn is the second studio album from Australian post punk duo Hockey Dad. The album was released on 9 February 2018 by Farmer & The Owl. In 2018, the lead single "Homely Feeling" was voted into Triple J's Hottest 100 of 2017 at No. 54. This marked the first time the band has appeared in the countdown. In 2019, the tracks "Join the Club", "Sweet Release" and "I Wanna Be Everybody" were voted into Triple J's Hottest 100 of 2018 at Nos. 18, 73 and 61, respectively.At the J Awards of 2018, the album was nominated for Australian Album of the Year" - Wikipedia