|Album:||The Pink Panther (Music From The Film Score)|
|A1||The Pink Panther Theme|
|A2||It Had Better Be Tonight (Meglio Stasera) (Instrumental)|
|A4||Champagne And Quail|
|A5||The Village Inn|
|A6||The Tiber Twist|
|B1||It Had Better Be Tonight (Meglio Stasera) (Vocal)|
|B3||The Lonely Princess|
|B4||Something For Sellers|
|B5||Piano And Strings|
|B6||Shades Of Sennett|
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- We almost always ship your vinyl next business day (excluding pre orders)
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at email@example.com
- Happy Listening!
"The Pink Panther" is the soundtrack album for the classic 1963 film of the same name, composed and conducted by Henry Mancini. The album features Mancini's iconic jazz-infused score, which has become synonymous with the suave and playful character of the Pink Panther.
The title track, "The Pink Panther Theme," is instantly recognizable with its catchy melody and memorable saxophone riff. It sets the tone for the album, introducing listeners to Mancini's sophisticated and lively compositions. The jazzy arrangements, characterized by the use of brass and woodwind instruments, create a playful and energetic atmosphere.
Throughout the album, Mancini demonstrates his mastery of creating mood and atmosphere through music. Tracks like "Royal Blue" and "Something for Sellers" exude elegance and charm, perfectly capturing the spirit of the film and its characters. Mancini's use of varying tempos and instrumentation adds depth and complexity to the compositions.
The album also includes romantic ballads such as "It Had Better Be Tonight" and "Meglio Stasera," sung by Italian vocalist Fran Jeffries. These tracks provide a contrast to the upbeat jazz numbers, showcasing Mancini's ability to evoke different emotions through his music.
One of the highlights of the album is the track "The Lonely Princess," a beautiful and melancholic piece that showcases Mancini's gift for creating evocative melodies. The use of strings and woodwinds creates a sense of longing and nostalgia, enhancing the emotional impact of the music.
"The Pink Panther" soundtrack album perfectly captures the essence of the film and remains a beloved and timeless classic. Henry Mancini's compositions are a testament to his talent as a composer and his ability to create music that enhances the cinematic experience.
When was "The Pink Panther (Music From The Film Score)" released?
"The Pink Panther (Music From The Film Score)" was released in 1964.
Who composed and conducted the music for "The Pink Panther"?
The music for "The Pink Panther" was composed and conducted by Henry Mancini.
What is the most famous track from the album?
The most famous track from the album is "The Pink Panther Theme," known for its catchy melody and memorable saxophone riff.
Who sang the romantic ballads on the album?
The romantic ballads on the album were sung by Italian vocalist Fran Jeffries.
What is Henry Mancini's contribution to film music?
Henry Mancini is renowned for his contributions to film music. He composed numerous memorable scores, including "Breakfast at Tiffany's" and "The Pink Panther," and is often credited with popularizing the use of jazz in film soundtracks.
Buy your copy on vinyl record today!
"The Pink Panther: Music from the Film Score Composed and Conducted by Henry Mancini is a soundtrack album from the 1963 movie The Pink Panther starring David Niven and Peter Sellers. The music was composed and conducted by Henry Mancini.The album entered Billboard magazine's pop album chart on April 25, 1964, peaked at No. 8, and remained on the chart for 41 weeks.The title song, "The Pink Panther Theme" was released as a single. It reached reached the Top 10 on the U.S. Billboard adult contemporary chart. The distinctive tenor saxophone of Plas Johnson is heard on the main title theme music.The album and title song were nominated for the Grammy Awards for Best Album or Original Score and Best Pop Instrumental Performance. It was also nominated for an Academy Award for best score, losing out to Mary Poppins.AllMusic gave the album a rating of four-and-a-half stars. Reviewer Stephen Cook called it a fine soundtrack and concluded: "This is a great title for fans of Mancini's lounge/soundtrack material, but those more into his jazz material should consider either his Peter Gunn or Combo soundtracks."In 2001, the soundtrack album was awarded a Grammy Hall of Fame Award. In 2005, the score was listed at #20 on AFI's 100 Years of Film Scores." - Wikipedia
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Loving listening to this one.