|The Tresor EP
|Germany, 15 Sept 2023
|The Tresor Track
|The Upstairs Lounge
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- In stock vinyl is usally shipped next business day, please check the availability field at the top of the product page to see whether the record is currently in stock or if it is available from the supplier as well as estimated shipping times.
- If you order an in stock item together with a pre order or back order (listed as available from supplier rather than in stock) then the order will be shipped together when all items arrive. If you would like the in stock items shipped first please place two separate orders or contact us to arrange shipping items separately.
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at email@example.com
- Happy Listening!
"The Tresor EP," released by Mike Huckaby, a key figure in the Detroit techno scene, is a fine example of the genre's potential for deep, hypnotic, and soulful soundscapes. Released in 1997, this EP on the iconic Berlin-based Tresor label, embodies the essence of techno music - a blend of rhythmic precision, atmospheric synth work, and a profound sense of musicality that resonates well beyond the dance floor.
Each track on "The Tresor EP" showcases Huckaby's exceptional talent for creating techno that is both intellectually stimulating and emotionally resonant. The EP begins with a track that immediately draws the listener into a world of intricate beats and lush, layered synth textures. Huckaby's mastery of rhythm and melody is evident, as he weaves together elements that are both complex and harmonically rich.
A standout track on the EP is characterized by its deep, pulsating bassline and hypnotic synth stabs. The composition is a journey into the deeper realms of techno, where the interplay of rhythm and texture creates a mesmerizing sonic experience. Huckaby's ability to craft tracks that are both minimalistic in structure and rich in musical detail is a testament to his skills as a producer.
Another key track features a more upbeat tempo and a catchy melodic motif that showcases Huckaby's versatility as a producer. This track, while rooted in the fundamentals of techno, demonstrates a playful and inventive approach to the genre, highlighting Huckaby's ability to infuse his music with a sense of joy and energy.
Throughout "The Tresor EP," Huckaby's production is clean, crisp, and meticulously crafted. Each element in the mix is carefully considered, resulting in a sound that is both spacious and dynamic. The EP's production quality reflects Huckaby's deep understanding of techno as a form of musical expression, where every sound and rhythm serves a purpose.
In conclusion, "The Tresor EP" by Mike Huckaby is a remarkable example of techno music's depth and diversity. It encapsulates the spirit of Detroit techno while also pushing the genre in new and exciting directions. Huckaby's work on this EP not only cements his status as a key figure in the techno scene but also serves as a shining example of the genre's potential for artistic expression and innovation. This EP is a must-listen for fans of techno and electronic music, offering a masterclass in production, composition, and the power of rhythm.