|A1||Smells Like Teen Spirit||5:00|
|A3||Come As You Are||3:38|
|B5||On A Plain||3:12|
|B5||Something In The Way||3:43|
|Cello - Kirk Canning|
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- We almost always ship your vinyl next business day (excluding pre orders)
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Happy Listening!
Limited 180gm vinyl pressing of this classic 1991 album from Kurt Cobain and the boys. Nevermind became a surprise success in late 1991, largely due to the popularity of its first single, "Smells Like Teen Spirit". By January 1992, it had replaced Michael Jackson's album Dangerous at #1 on the Billboard 200 chart. "Nevermind" also produced three other successful singles: "Come as You Are", "Lithium", and "In Bloom". The Recording Industry Association of America has certified "Nevermind" Diamond (over 10 million copies shipped), and "Nevermind" has sold over 30 million copies worldwide. Nevermind was responsible for bringing Alternative Rock to a large mainstream audience, and has been ranked highly on lists of the greatest albums of all time by publications such as Rolling Stone and Time. Buy your copy today!
"Nevermind is the second studio album by American rock band Nirvana, released on September 24, 1991, by DGC Records. Produced by Butch Vig, it was Nirvana's first release on the DGC label, as well as the first to feature drummer Dave Grohl. Nevermind features a more polished, radio-friendly sound than the band's prior work, and is therefore considered a significant departure from their debut album, Bleach. Recording for Nevermind took place at Sound City Studios in Van Nuys, California, and Smart Studios in Madison, Wisconsin in May and June 1991, with mastering being completed in August of that year at The Mastering Lab in Hollywood, California.According to frontman Kurt Cobain, the songs of Nevermind were influenced by bands such as the Pixies, R.E.M., the Smithereens, and the Melvins. He fashioned chord sequences using power chords, combining pop hooks with dissonant guitar riffs. Cobain intended for the album to sound like a fusion of mainstream pop bands such as the Knack and the Bay City Rollers with heavier rock bands such as Black Flag and Black Sabbath. While Nevermind is considered a cornerstone of the grunge genre, the album is frequently noted for its musical diversity, which includes acoustic balladry ("Polly"; "Something in the Way") and punk-inspired hard rock ("Territorial Pissings"; "Stay Away"). The album cover, featuring a nude infant swimming toward a U.S. dollar bill on a fishhook, is one of the most famous album covers in popular music.Nevermind became an unexpected critical and commercial success. In January 1992, it reached number one on the US Billboard 200; during this time it was selling approximately 300,000 copies a week. The lead single "Smells Like Teen Spirit" peaked at number six on the US Billboard Hot 100, and its video was heavily rotated on MTV. Three other successful singles were produced: "Come as You Are", "Lithium", and "In Bloom". Nevermind was voted the best album of the year in Pazz & Jop critics' poll, while "Smells Like Teen Spirit" also topped the single of the year and video of the year polls.Nevermind is often credited with initiating a resurgence of punk culture among teenagers and young adults of Generation X. In addition, it was responsible in part for bringing both grunge and alternative rock music to a mainstream audience and ending the dominance of hair metal. The album has sold over 30 million copies worldwide, making it one of the best-selling albums of all time. In March 1999, it was certified Diamond by the RIAA. Among the most acclaimed albums in the history of music, Nevermind was added to the National Recording Registry in 2004 as "culturally, historically or aesthetically significant"" - Wikipedia
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Great Vinyl, thank you