|Album:||Black Rhythm Revolution!|
|Composed By - Charles Wright|
|Composed By - Jack McDuff, Joseph Thomas|
|Composed By - James Brown|
|Composed By - Idris Muhammad|
|B2||By The Red Sea||8:55|
|Composed By - Idris Muhammad|
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- We almost always ship your vinyl next business day (excluding pre orders)
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Happy Listening!
"Black Rhythm Revolution!" released in 1970, is a groundbreaking album by renowned jazz drummer Idris Muhammad. This album stands out as a significant contribution to the world of jazz, particularly in the realm of funk and soul-jazz. Muhammad, known for his versatile drumming skills that bridged the gap between jazz, R&B, and funk, crafted an album that showcases his rhythmic prowess and innovative approach to jazz fusion.
The album opens with "Express Yourself," a track that immediately sets a groovy and dynamic tone. The song is characterized by Muhammad's powerful and intricate drumming, which lays down a solid foundation for the rest of the instruments. The track's blend of soulful melodies and a deep, rhythmic groove exemplifies the album's fusion of jazz with funk and soul elements.
Another highlight of the album is "Soulful Drums," a track that truly showcases Muhammad's talent as a drummer. The song features a variety of rhythmic patterns and solos, highlighting his ability to be both a bandleader and a virtuosic instrumentalist. The track's energy and Muhammad's skillful drumming make it a standout piece, displaying the possibilities of the drum kit as a lead instrument in jazz.
"Black Rhythm Revolution!" also includes a rendition of James Brown's "Super Bad," reinterpreted through Muhammad's unique lens. The track retains the funk essence of the original while infusing it with jazz sensibilities. The interplay between the drums, bass, and horns creates a vibrant and engaging sound, showcasing Muhammad's ability to adapt and transform popular music into new, exciting forms.
Throughout the album, Muhammad's drumming is both the driving force and the glue that holds the music together. His rhythms are complex yet accessible, laying down grooves that are irresistibly danceable while maintaining a level of sophistication characteristic of jazz music.
The album's production quality ensures that the drums are front and center, capturing the nuances of Muhammad's playing. The clarity of the recording allows listeners to appreciate the intricacy of his drumming and the interplay between the different instruments.
"Black Rhythm Revolution!" is not just a display of Muhammad's drumming skills; it's also a testament to his vision as a musician. The album's fusion of jazz, funk, and soul predates and perhaps even influences many of the jazz-funk and fusion movements that would become popular in the 1970s. Muhammad's approach to blending different genres paved the way for future experimentation in jazz.
In conclusion, "Black Rhythm Revolution!" is a landmark album in the jazz-funk genre. Idris Muhammad's masterful drumming and visionary approach to music-making created an album that is both innovative and deeply rooted in the traditions of jazz, funk, and soul. The album's vibrant rhythms and captivating grooves make it a timeless classic and a testament to Muhammad's legacy as one of the most influential drummers in the world of jazz.