|Album:||West Side Story (Original Sound Track Recording)|
|A1||Prologue - Orchestra||5:34|
|A2||Jet Song - Russ Tamblyn And The Jets||2:06|
|A3||Something's Coming - Richard Beymer||2:32|
|A4||Dance At The Gym - Orchestra||3:32|
|A5||Maria - Russ Tamblyn||2:35|
|A6||America - Rita Moreno, George Chakiris And The Sharks And Girls||4:59|
|A7||Tonight - Russ Tamblyn And Natalie Wood||3:34|
|B1||Gee, Officer Krupke! - Russ Tamblyn And The Jets||4:05|
|B2||I Feel Pretty - Natalie Wood, Yvonne Wilder, Suzie Kaye And Joanne Miya||2:44|
|B3||One Hand, One Heart - Richard Beymer And Natalie Wood||1:58|
|B4||Quintet - Richard Beymer, Natalie Wood, Rita Moreno And The Jets,The And Sharks||3:21|
|B5||The Rumble - Orchestra||2:26|
|B6||Cool - Tucker Smith And The Jets||4:21|
|B7||A Boy Like That And I Have A Love - Natalie Wood And Rita Moreno||4:58|
|B8||Somewhere (Finale) - Richard Beymer And Natalie Wood||2:03|
Info About Buying Vinyl From Our Record Store
- We are a small independent record store located at 91 Plenty Rd, Preston in Melbourne, Australia (North of Northcote, between Thornbury & Reservoir)
- We buy and sell new and used vinyl records - if you have a collection you'd like to sell please click here.
- We ship Australia wide for a flat rate of $10 for standard shipping or $15 for express post.
- Free Shipping for orders $125 and over.
- You can also pick up your order in store, just select Local Pickup at the checkout.
- We also ship internationally - prices vary depending on weight and location.
- We ship vinyls in thick, rigid carboard mailers with a crushable zone on either side, and for extra safety we bubble wrap the records.
- We almost always ship your vinyl next business day (excluding pre orders)
- We are strongly committed to customer satisfaction. If you experience any problems with your order contact us so we can rectify the situation. If the record arrives damaged or doesn't arrive we will cover the cost of replacing or returning the record.
- If you change your mind you have 30 days to return your record but you must cover the cost of returning it to the store.
- You can contact our Melbourne record shop at (03) 9939 3807 or at email@example.com
- Happy Listening!
Deutsche Grammophon's recording of West Side Story, made in New York in September 1984, represents Bernstein's final vision for his great American musical.
This wasn't a typical 'cast recording:' everybody was recruited especially for the job and moulded, literally overnight, into a musical team.
It was, to say the least, a highly unlikely cast for what was basically a Broadway show, but asthis was not a staged production, the rather unorthodox step of casting world-class opera singers was taken to bring out the musical strengths of Bernstein's inspiration: "I suppose the only foreseeable problem was that they might sound too old -but they don't, they just sound marvellous!" Bernstein was to recount.
For Bernstein, who had never conducted the work before, it was an opportunity to explore the work as he had envisioned it, unrestricted by the medium of the LP or the size of the orchestra pit or the dramatic staging of the work: For the recording, the potpourri overture which was originally used in the theatre and which Bernstein himself did not write was discarded, the string section was enlarged, and the woodwind section expanded, and Bernstein allowed himself to take the tempos "as I really dreamed it."
The result is one of Bernstein's best and legendary recordings, beloved by millions around the world.
"... superb entertainment and great music-making on every level" - Edward Greenfield, Record Review / Gramophone (London) / 01. October 2006 Buy your copy today!